The power of human nature to overcome is amazing and even though wounds heal they do leave scars – sometimes angry, red and sore, leaving us like a bruised reed, frail and broken at the edge of life. Once we were standing tall, strong and ready to face the world but now looking in the mirror all we see is a person bent and battered by the winds of life…!
Are you like that bruised reed?
Was it not that long ago you were full of life but, somehow, somewhere something happened which left you broken.
Was it a…
- wrong decision, a failure or mistake,
- friends betrayal, a spouses wrong,
- loss of a loved one or grief of some kind,
- lie or angry words,
- violence or abuse or maybe a loss of a job or a home…
Whatever it was, did it became the lynch pin that caused you to become broken and tired of life? You have within… a resilience and strength far beyond what you know. All you need is to find it and let it blossom, flower and grow!
Yes, so many times in life events occur and they bring us down. Down so low that it seems as if our life is over, but somehow we keep on going and moving on as deep within us a strength lies there waiting… waiting… waiting!
Yes, so many times in life people hurt, abandon and do us wrong, but somehow we keep on going even if we just do the ‘motions of living’ – we just keep plodding on… and on… and on!
Yes, so many times in life we think that we cannot go on another step for it is just too hard and we want it all to stop, but life… is far too precious to just give up!
Each one of us is so very unique and worth the effort so reach within yourself and find your own strength and resilience! If you feel you need assistance reach out for another, take their hand and let them help you along. Do not, when you feel it is hopeless, try ‘go-it-alone’ as sometimes we need to have that support and there is always help and love just around the corner – more than you realize or know.
Yes, the power of human nature to overcome is amazing, but sometimes all we need is that nudge as our strength can be buried so deep that it gets lost in the pain and hurt. So there is no harm or shame in asking for assistance meaning that we do not have to walk that pain of recovery all alone.
Yes, the resilience of self and our self-preservation is amazing, but sometimes, all we need to do is to find it within.
When the storms of life seem to close in and your eyes become blurred with the tears, and even though you may lose much with the pain and the sorrow, never forget that you are… an incredible life.
Say YES to acknowledging that you are INCREDIBLE…!
A life that is worth so much is unique and very precious and the place that you hold within this earth is made just for you. So even though life may seem so very difficult at times it makes us more aware of the resources contained within.
The resilience of self and self-preservation holds the key for peace and survival as peace and having a life worth living come not in the absence of conflict but in the ability to cope with what is given!
Step forwards in faith and belief in your own resilience as it is there lying waiting… just waiting within you!
Come walk with me a while and find your resilient self…!
My inspirational book – ‘Musings of a Blogger – Inspirational Thoughts for Your Life’s Journey’ will inspire you while giving you the ‘tools’ to choose to step out on your own! The inspirational words... the connecting workbook and the Reader’s Group Questions are all written to assist you to choose to take the journey of self-discovery to help find a new you!
– Chapter Three – ‘What is fear?’ and chapter 13 of the workbook
– Chapter four – ‘Embrace change’ and chapter 14 of the workbook
– Chapter five – ‘Self-esteem – what are your values?’ and chapter 15 of the workbook
– Chapter six – ‘Challenging your though patterns’ and chapter 16 of the workbook
– Chapter eight – ‘Loneliness and hope’ and chapter 18 of the workbook
– Chapter nine – ‘We can all have happiness – so just go out and grab it!’ and chapter 19 of the workbook and,
– Chapter 10 – ‘Choices, chances and changes’ and chapter 20 of the workbook.
- Books – ‘Musings of a Blogger – Inspirational Thoughts for Your Life’s Journey’
- Blog Posts – Are You an Empty Shell or Do You Empty the Shell…? Time Does Not Heal, it is You Yourself that Heals! Journey to Your New Beginning…!
Photographs by Ruth Anne Caukwell (C)
All the material contained within this blog is the property of Ruth Anne Caukwell (C)