April 18th 2017 – A letter to the World…!
Today I took a trip as I wanted to have a look at you and see how you are going but what I saw made me so sad.
I drove through the city and what did I see….
- a broken city with slums, homeless, sad and depressed people wandering the streets while busy cars zipped past the occupants so intent on their destiny!
I boarded a boat to sail the seas and what did I see…
- an island of rubbish floating on top (but how deep did it go?)
- a dolphin tangled in a line and hardly alive
- the bloom on the ocean looked red in the sunset while the nets of the fishermen were only half full.
I landed on the sand but there, lying on the shore were…
- whales beached and birds all covered in oil!
I could not look so shut my eyes and held my head but as tears ran down my face I smelt something burning…! I lifted my head to look again and what did I see…
- I saw fires blazing away in the distance and was suddenly afraid to tread the worn path but, I did!
Oh how I wish I had not for I saw…
- a city in flames with men, women and children barely alive as the smoldering ruins of a once proud civilization were burnt and useless. I walked on in a trance among all the dead and dying lying on the streets seeing bullet holes and bomb wounds. They were the cause of this catastrophe!
I slowly left as I could not stand the pain – the suffering, the injustice!
I had to go somewhere but where….?
I boarded a plane for some relief!
High in the skies I sighed and just let myself relax. I felt safe and ready to sleep but then some people started waving guns, yelling out loud and ready to shoot! Terrified I looked through the window in panic, to the sky but there was no relief to be found there for as I cowered on the floor looking I saw…
- a flash of white light, a mushroom cloud, a plume of smoke and the earth being undone.
I could only close my eyes in reservation and ask myself… Why?
But then, in my question and among all this pain, I began to see among the broken-ness, sadness and depression a true glimmer of hope as a…
- Philanthropist was planning on rebuilding a slum, organizing this to happen from their money
- man and a lady handing out clothes and food on the street – her outstretched arms marked with healed ‘track scars’ and, his face ravaged by time
- busy car stopping so that a waiting man in a wheelchair could cross the street then wow…
- there was a man who halted the traffic so some ducklings could go to their mum!
Far out to sea I saw a…
- flotilla of ships working to recycle that rubbish (a huge job but hey it was a start) and calling for assistance through their on-line site
- There in the distance a fishing boat was winding in the line as the freed dolphin started swimming to meet his mate and
- the polluted water was being cleaned by some amazing company who were working with factories to ‘clean-up’ it’s act!
I then saw, on the beach…
- a huge crowd of people keeping those whales cool with water, waiting for the tide so as to guide them back to their home, and yes, those oil covered birds were being lovingly being cleaned!
And, there on shore…
- the ruined city was still ablaze but the Red Cross and volunteers began to arrive en-mass, administering to the pain and suffering and to help heal the hurts
Whilst high in the sky…
- those people with guns were overcome by the bravery of some unsung heroes and
- the white hot heart of a nuclear explosion did not happen for just in time the perpetrator realized and pulled his hand from the button!
Oh YES there are terrible and horrible things that occur in our world, but, within the sadness and ruin of despair there are those who are faithful in their belief of human kind, so, give of themselves and yes… give again and again as…
Where there is darkness there is light!
Where there is Ying there is Yan!
Where there is death there is life!
Where there is pain, only happiness can come next as, if we look it is there within us all so…
do not give up nor lose faith that life will fall,
instead find the hope, for it is there within us,
and if we all believe and act with kindness and love,
our world can be healed and held in the hands of those who care!
© Ruth Anne Caukwell
Writer, Author, Blogger and Public Speaker
- Books – ‘Musings of a Blogger – Inspirational Thoughts for Your Life’s Journey’
- Read About – Ruth Anne Caukwell Why the Brand RuAnCa? Testimonials for ‘Musings’ Contact Ruth
- Blog Posts – Home Page to All Posts
Photographs by Ruth Anne Caukwell (C)
All the material contained within this blog is the property of Ruth Anne Caukwell (C)